Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Unemployed...

Well...the DirecTv job didn't work out as planned. It wasn't an issue for Joe or me...working together, but everyone else had a major problem with me. I like to think that I am likable person, I have my days just like everyone else....but the people I was working with you would have thought that I ran over their cat/dog. The other assistant that I was working with did everything she could to make me feel unwelcome. She never answered my emails, was never at her desk and seemed just plan annoyed when I needed something...professional...right. WRONG....and it was all women...all catty, gossipy, back-stabbing women. It reminded me of high school with all the stupid cliques...if you weren't in you were out....so anyways...I quit. Luckily my husband MBA and all is a great provider and has allowed me to take my time and find something that really fits me.

While in Colorado I worked for 3 months for a great company as their College Relations Coordinator...in short I was in charge of all career fairs and other campus events. It was a great fit for me and the company is a Fortune 500 best company to for like 5 years running....luckily I think that I am able to get my job back and be able to telework from home. This is an amazing opportunity for me..I should know something final this week so keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Go Sis! I just know that whatever pans out will be a great fit for you. Plus, who wants to work for a group of chatty women. Not me! Put the B's newest pics up,.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Yay! I love it. I hope it works out for you!